Ep. 1 The Changing Landscape of Clinical Education
Monday, 9 January 2023
Dr Lisa Nijm (host)
Dr. Lisa Nijm is a corneal, cataract, refractive surgeon, licensed attorney, & clinical professor at UIC Eye and Ear Infirmary. She serves as CEO of Women in Ophthalmology, where she has led the organization to exponential growth. Dr. Nijm has repeatedly been ranked as one of the most influential ophthalmologists worldwide, including The Ophthalmologist’s Power List, Newsweek’s America’s Best Ophthalmologists, and Castle Connolly’s Top Doctors.
Dr Paul Singh (guest)
Dr Singh is a glaucoma specialist and the president of The Eye Centers of Racine & Kenosha Ltd. in Wisconsin. His clinical research has been published and presented at various national meetings and universities around the world. Dr. Singh was also named America’s Best Eye Doctor in 2021 by Newsweek.
In this episode of Peer2Peer: The Podcast, hosted by Rayner, host Dr Lisa Nijm (United States) and guest speaker Dr Paul Singh (United States) discuss the changing landscape of clinical education in ophthalmology. The surgeons consider how alternative media such as webinars and podcasts are becoming the preferred method of education among young ophthalmologists, and how educational platforms such as Rayner’s Peer2Peer are connecting surgeons and starting important conversations across the world.
- Listening to podcasts such as Rayner’s ‘Peer2Peer: The Podcast’ is an easy and excellent way to keep abreast of what’s happening in the world of ophthalmology and gain knowledge from your peers.
- The new generation of young ophthalmologists are turning more towards alternative media such as webinars and podcasts for education.
- Digital learning is connecting ophthalmologists from around the world and offering new possibilities for sharing information.
- For Dr Nijm, the future of ophthalmology education is hybrid and young surgeons should take advantage of digital platforms to obtain education throughout the year while also attending congresses to benefit from in-person time with your peers.
- For Dr Singh, it is important to use new information to evolve your surgical techniques and take better care of your patients. You must never be afraid to try new technology.
Peer2Peer educational platform
Dr Singh, President of The Eye Centers of Racine & Kenosha, Ltd.
Dr Nijm, Founder of Real World Ophthalmology
Dr Nijm, CEO, Warrenville EyeCare & LASIK
Find out more about RayOne EMV and OMIDRIA
Connect with Dr Nijm and Dr Singh:
Dr Nijm on LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter:
Dr Singh on LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter: