Ep. 8 Marketing Your Clinic in the Digital World
Tuesday, 24 January 2023
Mr Allon Barsam (host)
Mr Allon Barsam is a director and founding partner of OCL Vision, and recognised internationally as an expert and key opinion leader for cataract and refractive surgery.
Mr Ali Mearza (guest)
Mr Ali Mearza is a director and founding partner of OCL Vision. He is also a senior consultant ophthalmic surgeon at London’s Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.
Mr Romesh Angunawela (guest)
Mr Romesh Angunawela is an OCL Vision founding partner and consultant eye surgeon at Moorfields Eye Hospital where he is also Director for corneal training.
Ms Masara Laginaf (guest)
Ms Masara Laginaf is a consultant eye surgeon specialising in cornea, cataract and refractive surgery, and is the first OCL Vision trained fellow of refractive surgery.
As we spend ever increasing amounts of our day online, it’s safe to say that digital marketing plays an important role in educating patients and helping them to choose the right eye surgeon or clinic. In this episode of Peer2Peer: The Podcast, Mr Allon Barsam discusses the important role that digital marketing and social media play in running a busy eye clinic, with his colleagues from OCL Vision in the UK: Mr Ali Mearza, Mr Romesh Angunawela and Ms Masara Laginaf.
- Recruiting new clients is often by word of mouth, however social media has proved to be useful for brand development and reinforcing the patients’ decision.
- The panel of surgeons advise managing multiple social channels, instead of just one to reach a higher audience and demographic.
- It is important to have a well-designed and easy-to-navigate website which presents a clinic’s services clearly, including pricing information.
- Surgeons can also use social media for their own personal promotion, for example by highlighting patients they’ve treated or by sharing educational tools such as surgical methods or new innovations. It also gives patients the opportunity to interact with them.
- Treating influencers can play a large role in boosting a clinic’s exposure online organically.
- For surgeons looking to build a social media profile, the panel’s advice is to just get started. Once a profile is created, a user can view trending topics to generate ideas for content. Creativity is key.
Peer2Peer educational platform
Google Digital Marketing Courses
Connect with Mr Allon Barsam on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram :
Connect with Mr Ali Mearza on Linkedin, Twitter and Instagram:
Connect with Mr Romesh Angunawela on LinkedIn and Instagram:
Connect with Ms Masara Laginaf on LinkedIn and Instagram: