Recorded at AECOS, Dr Paul Singh (US), Dr Arjan Hura (US) and Dr Karolinne Rocha (US) delve into the recent advancements in ophthalmic technology. Their conversation covers the application of RayOne EMV for enhanced monovision, the importance of tracking patient-reported outcomes using RayPRO, and the role of HASA OPTIX premium, single-use instruments in promoting efficiency within the operating room.
Dr Inder Paul Singh (host)
Dr Inder Paul Singh president of The Eye Centres of Racine & Kenosha Ltd. in Wisconsin. His clinical research has been published and presented at various national meetings and universities around the world. Dr. Singh was also named America’s Best Eye Doctor in 2021 by Newsweek.
Dr Arjan Hura (guest)
Dr Arjan Hura is a refractive cataract and anterior segment surgeon at the Maloney-Shamie Vision Institute in Los Angeles, California.
Dr Karolinne Rocha (guest)
Dr Karolinne Rocha is assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at MUSC in Charleston, South Carolina specializing in cataract, cornea, and refractive surgery.
- RayOne EMV offers extended range of vision without compromise: Dr Rocha describes EMV as a ‘monofocal plus’ IOL, providing excellent intermediate vision wihtout compromising distance. Dr Hura highlights the benefits for patients with corneal issues, Fuchs’ dystrophy, or spherical aberration from an ERM.
- Importance of intermediate vision: Dr Rocha stresses the significance of intermediate vision, often overlooked by patients who are focused on far sight. Modern life relies heavily on devices like smartphones and tablets which are held at arm’s length.
- Simplified patient follow-up with RayPRO: Addressing post-surgery challenges, Dr Hura praises RayPRO for direct patient-surgeon data exchange, enabling thorough vision progress assessment to support informed decisions.
- Long-term, real-time, patient-reported insights with RayPRO: The surgeons highlight RayPRO as an effective tool for continuous patient follow-up and data collection up to three years post-surgery.
- HASA OPTIX improves OR efficiency: The surgeons support single-use instruments for instant tool access, enhancing precision, reducing OR stress, and potentially lowering infection risks.
Follow Dr Inder Paul Singh on social:
Dr Inder Paul Singh | LinkedIn
Follow Dr Arjan Hura on social:
Dr Arjan Hura | LinkedIn
Follow Dr Karolinne Rocha on social:
(18) Karolinne Maia Rocha M.D, Ph.D | LinkedIn