Dr Rosenberg & Dr Wiley unveil the unexplored: ophthalmologists are just scratching the surface with digital advancements.
Dr Eric Rosenberg
Partner and Director of Clinical Technology at SightMD, Dr Eric Rosenberg focuses on digital visualisation in the anterior segment and digital health solutions for DOS and is an ophthalmologist in Babylon, New York. He is Assistant professor of ophthalmology at New York Medical College and Northwell Health and affiliated with Good Samaritan University Hospital.
Dr William Wiley
Dr William Wiley, Medical Director of the Cleveland Eye Clinic, is a Board-Certified Ophthalmologist who has pioneered many eye procedures in the Northeast Ohio area. To date, Dr Wiley has performed more than 50,000 cataract and refractive surgical procedures.
- The DOS: The DOS is a multifaceted organisation dedicated to the integration and development of technology in the ophthalmic sector.
- Barely scratching the surface: Dr William Wiley highlights the fact that the ophthalmic sector is not yet taking advantage of the latest advancements in technology to reach its full potential.
- A lot of room to grow: Dr Eric Rosenberg emphasises that it is time to start integrating technology into daily practice.
- Getting direct access to patients: Dr William Wiley explains how Rayner’s RayPRO app has successfully gained direct access to patients to track their post–operative outcomes.
- A new peer-to-peer interaction: Dr William Wiley calls attention to the transition of peer-to-peer education from peer– reviewed journal articles and live meetings to social media, where the transmission of information can happen almost instantly.