Please do not register on this site if you do not wish to have information processed by us as described in this policy. Please ensure that you have consent prior to entering another person’s personal data on this site.
This website www.rayner.com (“the Site”) is produced and operated by Rayner Intraocular Lenses Limited, a company based in England and its affiliates ( collectively “Rayner”).
We are committed to protecting your privacy. For the purposes of English data protection legislation the data controller is Rayner Intraocular Lenses Limited whose registered office is at 10 Dominion Way, Worthing, West Sussex, BN14 8AQ.
We review our privacy practices from time to time and it is important therefore, that you bookmark and periodically review any updates to this policy.
1. The Information We Gather
Information about or supplied by users of the Site is not gathered directly by us. The information is gathered via a contracted third party (“Service Provider”) on our behalf. The Service Provider is a registered data controller. The Service Provider uses a number of security measures including Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software which encrypts and ensures the security of any information you input using the Site. The Service Provider is based in the United Kingdom.
The following information is gathered in two ways, directly and indirectly:-
Personal information is gathered directly when, for example, you register on the Site. Personal information is information from which you, or another person, can be identified, for example, name, address or date of birth.
Tracking information is gathered indirectly when you access the Site. This information is automatically gathered and does not include personal information about you. On each of your visits to the Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from a page.
2. How We Use the Information
This information is held securely by the Service Provider and we access it for the purposes of handling your enquiries, providing you with information you need or require on our products, processing orders, communicating with you, to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you, and for your computer, and generally to maintain your account with us. For these purposes some, or all, of the personal information provided by you may be transferred from the Service Provider to us, or replicated by us and held by us in our own databases. The Service Provider may have access to the information in order to perform its functions but may not use it for any other purpose.
Personal data will be stored for as long as is reasonably necessary to provide to you the products and services you require.
We will use this information:
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to help us assess how many users we have and the countries or regions where our users are located;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
3. Removal of Personal Information and “Opting Out”
If you have submitted personal data to us that you would like removed from our database and/or the database of our Service Provider you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have submitted personal contact details to us that you do not wish us to use for the purpose of sending you promotional material you should contact us at the above email address. You may opt out of receiving such material at any time.
4. Updating Personal Information
Where personal information submitted via the Site requires updating, changes should be notified to us at the above email address.
5. Disclosure of your Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Rayner Intraocular Lenses Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
6. Links to Third Party Websites
The Site may contain links or other references to websites published by third parties. These websites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by these websites.
7. Cross Border Transfer and Data Sharing
8. How to Contact Us
© 2018 Rayner Intraocular Lenses Limited