Cataract remains the leading cause of blindness globally1. In the developing world, restoring a person’s vision helps them get back to work or enables them to learn in school – improving their prospects and removing a burden of care from their families. This is exactly what IMPACT sets out to achieve. IMPACT is an international programme to prevent and alleviate needless disability. All of their projects are run by local people who are in touch with real need. This also allows them to contribute resources – ensuring that that work is cost-effective and appropriate. Operations are free to the poorest people.
For many years Rayner has supported IMPACT by regular donations of premium quality monofocal lenses, helping to improve patients’ quality of life, preventing disability and promoting independent, sustainable living. Rayner is very proud to be associated with IMPACT Foundation Bangladesh, and some of the world’s poorest people have had their sight restored with first class treatment and first class products because of this partnership.
To make a donation to IMPACT, please visit their website: www.impact.org.uk
Donations can also be made to the following address:
151 Western Rd
Tel: +44 (0)1444 457080
Registered Charity No: 290992
For stories on Rayner’s work with IMPACT please click on the following links:
- Rayner-Sponsored Charity Earns Television Exposure on World Current Affairs Program
- Rayner donates lenses to “boat of life” in Bangladesh
- Rayner donates lenses for “World Sight Day”
- Rayner continues donation of lenses to floating hospital, Bangladesh
- Impact Foundation Bangladesh report on Rayner
- Sussex Collaboration helps to save sight of cataract sufferers in Bangladesh