Rayner Group Environmental Policy
Rayner manufacture and distribute intraocular lenses (IOLs) and associated medical devices, for the use in ophthalmic surgery.
We recognise that our activities, products and services have an impact on the environment. In acknowledging our corporate responsibility, the Company and its employees have an obligation to minimise environmental impact by continually improving environmental performance.
Compliance with the letter and spirit of all applicable environmental laws and regulations is fundamental to our commitment to safeguard the overall environment, as well as our workplace.
Consideration of the environmental impact of Company and individual actions is an integral part of our decision-making process. Therefore, it is essential that we:
- ensure that this policy is understood, implemented and maintained at all levels in the Company,
- include environmental considerations in all marketing and capital spending decisions, manufacturing processes, selection of materials and packaging materials, and equipment and facility designs,
- ensure that information on the Company’s environmental policy is freely available to customers and interested members of the public,
- continue to promote waste reduction, recycling and the use of recycled and recyclable materials where appropriate in all phases of our operations, and encourage our suppliers and vendors to do likewise,
- handle and dispose of waste in a manner consistent with environmental regulations and the public interest,
- promote optimum and efficient use of resources and energy, and
- develop effective means for responding to accidents and emergencies and thereby avoid or minimise environmental damage.
Management will ensure that the Environmental Policy is understood, implemented and maintained at all levels in the organisation and at all sites.
This policy will be reviewed annually at the Management Review and will be updated as necessary to reflect changing conditions and information.